Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 4: A Paragraph About Space

Alright, today we are supposed to write a paragraph about space using the words hard drive, tape, keyboard, program, and control, so here it goes...

I am vigorously typing on my keyboard hundreds of thousands of miles away from Earth. I never ceases to blow my mind to think that I am up in the International Space Station. The International Space Station! I'm a computer scientist for NASA and a few months ago they asked me to come up here to the Space Station and work on the programming and coding here. This experience has truly been out of this world, no pun intended... actually, yes, pun intended. I hit "control s" to save what I was working on to my hard drive and then glance over at the pictures I have taped up by my monitor. The wall by computer is crowded with photos of my sister, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and, last but not least, my dog. I miss everyone back home so much but I know I taking advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity.



"Every cubic inch of space is a miracle."

 Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment